One of the most important people to think about at Christmas time is your Mum. Finding the best Christmas presents for your Mum and the best handmade Christmas cards for Mum can be tricky, so Decorque Cards are here to give you a helping hand.
With a range of cards that are hand-printed and personally designed by Lesley, the founder of Decorque cards, make this Christmas a touch more personal with Decorque. We’ve got some handmade card and gift ideas for you to get inspired this Christmas.
Why Give Handmade at Christmas?
Every Mum loves a handmade card. By giving something handmade, you instantly make your card more personal and individual. Rather than opt for a shop-bought card that may be generic, your Mum will be sure to appreciate the attention to detail and delicate design of a handmade card.
This handmade card is the ideal handmade Christmas card for Mum this Christmas. With traditional festive colours, a delightful robin and a colourful candelabra, say everything you need to say with this card.
Another colourful option for your Mum’s Christmas card this year is this enchanting Christmas card featuring a Christmas day lantern. Complete with the words ‘Merry Christmas’ and adorned with Christmas robins, this design encompasses a Christmas feel with berries, cones, and leaves.
This beautiful handmade art print is inspired by scenes from Lesley’s very own garden. Blue and white are the prominent colours of this delightful design, and it is printed on high-quality watercolour Bockingford paper.
Top Tip: Go the extra mile and pair this card with the beautiful art print that it was inspired from.
What to Write in a Handmade Christmas Card for Mum?
The Christmas message you write is just as important as the card you give! Decorque cards have some ideas of what to write in a Christmas card below.
- Hope you can kick back and relax this holiday. Happy Christmas Mum!
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Mum. Thanks for everything!
- Happy Christmas, Mum! Every year I feel more grateful for you.
- Wishing you all the best this Christmas, Mum!
- Hope you have a great Christmas, Mum! Wishing you all the best for the year ahead.
- Hope you have a lovely Christmas, just as you deserve!
Christmas Gift Guide for Mum
How to wrap a Christmas present
Gift wrapping can prove tricky business! Although Decorque can’t wrap the presents for you, we’ve compiled some handy tips below for how to wrap your Christmas present.
- Measure out the paper before you start. Make sure you have enough wrapping paper to work with before you start wrapping. This avoids wastage and makes sure you end up with a neat final result!
- Use good quality tape. There’d be nothing worse than your gift unravelling before Christmas day. Use good quality, durable tape when you wrap to avoid a disaster later.
- Box up awkward shapes. If you are working with an awkward shape, consider finding a handy box to put the gift in. Gift wrapping a box is far easier and will look great!
- Avoid using too much paper. The only thing worse than too little wrapping paper is too much wrapping paper. This will look cluttered and clumsy!
- Don’t forget the decoration. Adding a ribbon will give a lovely festive touch to your Christmas present. You don’t have to stop there, either! You can adorn your present with anything you like, such as labels, bows, or even a sprig of holly. Check out this handy article full of gift wrapping ideas here.
Best Christmas Presents for Mum
Mum’s do so much for us, and are always there when you need them! Along with a beautiful handmade card, pair your handmade card with the perfect gift. Decorque cards have a few ideas below. Read on for some fun festive ideas for the best Christmas present for Mum this Christmas.
Handmade Home Treats from Decorque
Decorque has a range of beautiful hand printed cushions. This red rose display handmade cushion comes with a one-side zip opening for easy cleaning and a duck feather inner pad for ultimate comfort.
Top Tip: Keep things rosy and pair this cushion with a pair of rose handmade coasters. These make the ultimate handmade gift for Mum this Christmas. Digitally printed on eco-friendly high-quality cork, find this decorative design at Decorque.
Update your Mum’s kitchen accessories with these beautiful handmade placemats. Designed by Lesley, these digitally printed designs are rich in colour and detail and can bring a unique look to any dining room table. What’s more, they are eco-friendly and made from high-quality cork, meaning they are built to last.
Feeling inspired? Check out the Decorque website to find out more about Lesley’s story and the range of cards, homeware and accessories available. Christmas just got more interesting!